Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Tripod.


I couldn't think of a funny or interesting pun to go with Tripod. At least nothing that you could repeat or see here without getting me expelled. :-)

In a nutshell, Tripod is a web hosting service. It is owned and operated by Lycos, a broadband entertainment company. Users of the Internet who are so inclined can create web pages and electronic portfolios with the help of Lycos. The service is free and is available to the general public. Apparently it was initially intended to be a web browser of sorts and morphed into a HTML resume builder as well as a web page creator. Perhaps an educator could be able to create a webste that would allow them to pass on information and knowledge to their students.

Personally, I find Tripod to be extremely frustrating. I have numerous problems logging on the website and find the navigation to be annoyingly difficult. Website building also is a task and a chore. I constantly was stumped and annoyed in my attempts to create soemthign intersting and fun; something that I and others would enjoy visiting and browsing. In short, I am not a fan of this online tool.

I give Tripod a 2 out of 4, simply because I realize that my problems with Tripod may lie with me and not with the tool itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home