Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Yahoo Briefcase: Your ace in the hole.

Yahoo Briefcase [http://briefcase.yahoo.com] is an online file storage device that allows individuals to store drafts of Microsoft Word documents and Microsoft Excel documents as well as other forms of digital files. It is not the same as storage on a hard drive, a thumb drive, or a floppy disk.

I found that storing, retrieving, and editing files was a bit more complicated than using a thumb drive, hard drive, or other such storage device to perform the same functions. I would mostly use Briefcase as an "ace in the hole", so to speak. For example, when I had a problem with my thumb-drive and I lost all of the files which I had stored on it, I was able to retrieve some of the earlier drafts of my lost files and was consequently able turn in my assignments on time. This was very convenient. I am really not sure how I would incorporate this tool into my lesson plans, but I know that as a student I would find it a life-saver to be sure. And I don't mean Pep-o-mint.

I give Yahoo Briefcase a score of 3 out of a possible 4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home